Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rejection

Mmm, my first rejection letter. I suppose it is a momentous occasion, and there will be many of these to come.

I submitted my short "Wishing Only Wounds The Heart" to The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. I didn't really expect much, as it is "the" magazine for science fiction and fantasy. It published Ray Bradbury, among others, so although they say that they are open to first time submissions, I seriously doubt they take any of them.

Ah well. Perhaps I'll try again with the short story, although probably not. It's not particularly stand alone, and that is probably a strike against it. I'll work on some more pieces that aren't connected to novels and anyone can sit down and read them without a lot of explanation.

On the plus side, it means I can save it to post here since I know that they aren't picking it up.

No comments: